Home-cooked meals, including three meals daily, and snacks mid-afternoon and evening, are provided. With independence in mind, we prioritize our residents’ dietary preferences and place them at the core of our meal planning.
We have a registered dietitian who works with the residents and their families to create a meal plan that fits their needs and wishes. They are available to aid in the design of special and therapeutic diets and dietary supplements. This is inclusive of adaptive devices, therefore enabling our residents indpendence.
I love the beef stew. I could eat it all the time!
Some of our dining services include:
- Catering Services
- Room Rentals
- Guest meals for family members for a nominal fee. Please speak with unit staff ahead of time
- Fireplace lounge dining area. Please enquire as to availability
- Home-cooked, nutritious, and delicious meals and snacks
- Relaxed dining
- Resident birthday celebrations
- Four week menu rotation for meals and snacks, updated annually
- Registered Dietitian
Meal times are as follows:
- Breakfast is flexible and served between 8:00 am and 9:30 am. After 9:30 am, there is a continental breakfast served.
- Dinner is served at 12:40 p.m.
- Supper is served at 5:30 p.m.
I like everything you serve, but especially the english muffins!
Food committee meetings are held every other month prior to the Resident Council meeting. These meetings are led by the Nutrition Service Manager. People take great pleasure in the dining experience and for many it is a daily highlight. These meetings provide the opportunity for residents to provide feedback around food service, dining room cleanliness and menu planning. Resident suggestions and ideas help to shape the current menu as well as special events involving food, such as a themed meals like Chinese Takeout or a summer picnic-style meal.